Pages

My London Experience

Friday 30 January 2015



What can I possibly say about my trip to London?I can only express my feelings by saying that this was by far my best time in London since the last time I was there. London has always been one of my great loves and the city where I would love to live for the rest of my life. And that was exactly the reason why I decided to take this short trip to the European capital. I spent four days in London from the 22nd to the 26th of January and stayed at a friend's house who was lovely enough to have me at her home. I lived in central London, hence I was really close to a million of sightseeing and things to do or just a few minutes with the bus or the underground. I arrived really late on the night of 22nd and had to wait in the airport until next morning when I could get a bus from the airport to London. Next day I didn't do much, mostly wandering around the city having Starbucks and Costa coffee and enjoying the air of the picturesque but also modern and nonetheless wonderful London. In Saturday I decided it was time for "shopping action" in the famous Oxford Street. A street long enough to fit at least half of the population of London since Saturday was the best day for tourists and locals to enjoy their shopping. The crowds of people were amazing and most of the shops packed with people. However, the shopping experience was pleasant enough and I had the opportunity to go to the majority of them( Debenhams, House of Fraser, Topshop, River Island, Selfridge's etc.). When the shopping finished and I could not feel more exhausted I just rested at home with my friend and at night we were lucky enough to enjoy one of the world's most famous pizza called Domino's. Everything was really delicious and finger-licking.
Next and sadly final day in London, I decided to stick to my relaxing programme and go for breakfast at My Old Dutch, an incredible and yet unmissable pancake house where your stomach and your mind go crazy with the huge variety of pancakes served. The service was amazing and the pancakes incredible( btw I got butterscotch pancakes with strawberries, blueberries and maple syrup). After filling our stomach with this yummy breakfast we went to the most popular and expensive shopping mall in the UK, aka Harrods. Harrods was an experience on its own and you can't get enough of it even if you stay for a whole week in it. It's huge and it's really easy to even get lost in it. However, it's a really nice opportunity to see all the expensive bags, clothes and millions of accessories. What is more, Harrods' restaurant and patisserie are something you should definitely see and I highly recommend you grab one of these huge slices of cakes that are available.
The last day on the 26th of January I didn't really have the time to do more things since I was leaving early that day so that was mostly what I did in London.
All in all, London is an amazing city with numerous things to see and do and it's the city where dreams can come true. 
London Vlogging available soon










No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS